Business Law Pathway
The Business Law Pathway provides a roadmap of courses to consider and sequence of those courses for students interested in pursuing a career in several different contexts, including the following.
- Representing as counsel (in-house or as outside counsel)
- various types of business entities, including sole proprietors, general partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations (for profit, not-for-profit or other), limited liability companies and/or limited liability partnerships;
- any of the principal players in those business entities: owners, managers, employees, creditors (contractual or tort);
- prosecuting white collar crime;
- Engaging in policy-related work (as a legislator for example)
- Working for a government agency that oversees and regulates any aspect of business law.
Students are encouraged to review Center for Business Law website at /centers/cbl.cfm.