The Student Ambassador Program works with the Office of Admissions in an effort to utilize the best voice of the campus – its students – in "getting the word out" about New England Law and its offerings. The ambassadors will represent the law school and its individual programs. A position as an ambassador is one of high esteem and a source of self enrichment, which will prove beneficial in future endeavors.
What is a Student Ambassador?
Student ambassadors serve as the link between the entire student body and prospective students. They promote and personalize the law school to prospective students, their families, and other guests to the campus. An ambassador is a student who has a desire to work with faculty, staff, students, and members of the community to promote New England Law and its programs and services.
A Student Ambassador is Someone Who Has:
- excitement and pride for New England Law
- a desire to work with guests of the school
- an ability to work with diverse populations
- skills and enthusiasm to present to groups
- the ability to problem solve, think on your feet, and be flexible under pressure
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- professional demeanor, ability to work well under minimal, yet specific supervision
- maturity, self-motivated, a quick learner, and punctual
- knowledge of the New England Law campus and programs
What Does a Student Ambassador Do?
Campus visits and special recruitment programs are integral to a prospective student's law school decision. Prospective students often rely on these programs to see if the school is the right fit for them. Often students wish to see first-hand the school and programs offered. Student ambassadors assist with campus tours, recruitment, orientation, phone-a-thons, open houses, special events, and much more. Through these activities, student ambassadors educate visitors about general pre-admissions requirements, academic and campus life, as well as the history, traditions, and achievements of the law school. Talking with a student ambassador provides prospective students with valuable insight about the New England Law community. Prospective students and families who visit New England Law leave campus feeling more educated about its opportunities and more connected with the student experience.
Interested in Becoming a Student Ambassador?
Contact Robert McGovern, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Admissions Office for more details!