Immigration Law Association
Who We Are
The New England Law | Boston Immigration Law Association is a student group that is dedicated to educating students about current immigration events and providing students at New England Law | Boston with a forum to network and voice their ideas. We strive to promote respectful dialogue between students, faculties, alumni, and the immigration law community.
Our objective this year is to provide students with access to networking, career opportunities, up-to-date information, and community involvement within the world of immigration law.
Executive Board 2018-2019
- President: Paul Metscher '20
What We Do
As a specialized legal interest group, the organization has three primary goals:
- Education: Promote respectful dialogue between students, faculties, alumni, and the community regarding issues related to immigration law.
- Advocacy: Enable the New England Law | Boston community to engage directly in immigration initiatives by organizing and facilitating advocacy efforts, and by providing information about other opportunities in the Boston area and beyond.
- Opportunity: Provide students with networking opportunities, trainings, and information about various career options in the field of immigration law.
We organize panel events with immigration law attorneys and judges to cover relevant topics of interest, workshops, and networking events. We also partner with the New England Law Center for Law and Social Responsibility (CLSR), the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) and the greater Boston Citizenship Initiative (GBCI) to offer all students the opportunity to volunteer at Citizenship Clinics and receive recognition toward the New England Law Public Service Transcript Notation Program.
- Sign up on TWEN ("Student Group: Immigration Law Association")
- Join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ILAatNELB/)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Come to our meetings and events!