Latin American Law Students Association
LALSA is committed to the professional development of Latin American students at New England Law | Boston. Our mission is to cultivate professional and social competence through academic support, networking opportunities, community outreach, and career counseling activities. We encourage each student’s growth and advancement as dynamic leaders and attorneys by supporting opportunities for Latin American law students to establish relationships within the legal community. In the interest of fostering better community integration and relations as well as preservation of unique traditions, we seek to develop and provide a network for the Latino community as well as for others interested.
Executive Board 2018-2019
- President: Daniela A. Pena '19
- Vice-President: Idalis M. Vento '19
- Treasurer: Edwin A. Familia '20
- Secretary: Areli Bustamante '19
What We Do
The Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA) at New England Law | Boston is committed to three main goals: increasing awareness of legal issues relating to Latin American communities through events and meetings; promoting diversity at New England Law | Boston through events targeted to all students; and providing various types of support to help 1L members complete their first year successfully. LALSA is also committed to the professional development of Latin American students at New England Law | Boston.
Purpose of Organization:
- The purpose of this organization is to help foster the academic, social, and professional growth of its members by increasing awareness and understanding of contemporary Latin American issues, both legal and non-legal.
- The organization is dedicated to advocating Latin American leadership in all areas of law by encouraging the sharing, networking, and cooperation between all ethnic groups.
- This organization shall adhere to the philosophy that diversity will always enlarge our understanding of the different values that need to be understood as we enter the global economy; that unity should be embraced so that we may assist the less fortunate members of our Latin American community; and that leadership will take on many forms, and ultimately is a very individualistic decision based on no arbitrary set definition.
- This organization shall strive to promote professional and ethical conduct of our members and shall strive at all times to strengthen our own personal values despite what we may see or encounter.
- LALSA cultivates professional and social competence through academic support, networking opportunities, community outreach, and career counseling activities.
- To encourage students’ growth and advancement as dynamic leaders and attorneys, LALSA supports opportunities to establish relationships within the legal community.
- LALSA fosters better community integration and relations as well as preservation of unique traditions of the Latino community.
Contact Information: email@example.com
TWEN: Student Group: Latin American Law Student Association
- National Latina/o Law Student Association
- The Hispanic National Bar Association
- ABA for Minority Law Students
- Colombian American Bar Association
- Dominican Bar Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
Links by State
- Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association
- The California Minority Counsel Program
- Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- The Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Puerto Rican Bar Association of Illinois
- The Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Puerto Rican Bar Association, Inc.
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar of Houston
- Utah Minority Bar Association