Real Estate and Land Use Society
Who We Are
The Real Estate and Land Use Society (RELUS) is committed to exposing students to real estate and land use legal issues and careers. RELUS is devoted to establishing the group’s objectives through speaking engagements, educational programs, networking events, and input from current New England Law | Boston students.
Executive Board 2016 - 2017
- President: Alexander Trataros '17
- Vice President: Anthony Scarpati '17
- Treasurer: Marvin Barnett '18
- Evening Liaison: David Shawver '17
- Symposium Director: Daniel Godefroi '17
What We Do
The Real Estate and Land Use Society for the 2014-2015 academic year is focusing on providing students with more access to real estate based opportunities. RELUS wants to expose all New England Law | Boston students to the optional career tracks in real estate and land use law once admitted to the Bar, as well as provide students with a basic understanding of practical real estate principles.
RELUS will emphasize two categories of real estate law.
- Real estate transactions, particularly involving three principal areas: real estate sales, conveyancing, and mortgage law.
- The Land Use component will review the various land use tools that control the process for growth and development, and explore how other bodies of law interact with land use. Students will be introduced to areas such as subdivision development and the basics of zoning law as examples of public control.
Send an e-mail to any of the Executive Board members by clicking on their names above, and check for announcements!